Camp Half-Blood Philippines
Welcome Demigod. If you're reading this, you're either on the run and being guided by a satyr or just a claimed demigod dropping by to get a quest.

Whatever you're reason is, the camp will welcome you and protect you against monster.

For new members, please do not use the names of characters from the Percy Jackson and The Olympians series/Greek Mythology as your username. Don't use alternating letters & weird characters.

For the love of Zeus!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome Demigod. If you're reading this, you're either on the run and being guided by a satyr or just a claimed demigod dropping by to get a quest.

Whatever you're reason is, the camp will welcome you and protect you against monster.

For new members, please do not use the names of characters from the Percy Jackson and The Olympians series/Greek Mythology as your username. Don't use alternating letters & weird characters.

For the love of Zeus!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Camp Map

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 472 registered users
The newest registered user is SabPHM15

Our users have posted a total of 4925 messages in 191 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 25 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:40 pm

Movie Rants: Lightning Thief

+3
Ailleen
OKkakoKAY
renzeincastro
7 posters

Go down

Movie Rants: Lightning Thief Empty Movie Rants: Lightning Thief

Post by renzeincastro Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:14 am

Did you guys enjoyed the movie?
'Course I did. Its just, uuugh, why have they removed/change a lot of things? Thalia's Tree, Percy fighting Luke instead of Ares, rockstar Hades, b**ch Persephone, Field of Asphodel & Elysium, etc. I reckon they should fire Craig Titley and never let him work in TV or movies ever again. Oh, wait.. they already did! Razz

Last edited by DemigodRenzein on Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
renzeincastro
renzeincastro
Camp Director
Camp Director

http://imthemercwithamouth.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Movie Rants: Lightning Thief Empty Re: Movie Rants: Lightning Thief

Post by OKkakoKAY Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:51 pm

I think i have to re-read the book.Razz
OKkakoKAY
OKkakoKAY
Cabin Counselor
Cabin Counselor

Location : currently appreciating the architecture of Hogwarts' castle

http://toasted-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ailleen Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:59 pm

I had to repeat watching the movie to check the difference and then I noticed it wasn't as funny as the book. Don't get me wrong but Logan Lerman was right for the role he looked awesome
Ailleen
Ailleen
Cabin Counselor
Cabin Counselor

http://altheane.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by renzeincastro Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:02 pm

Ailleen wrote:I had to repeat watching the movie to check the difference and then I noticed it wasn't as funny as the book. Don't get me wrong but Logan Lerman was right for the role he looked awesome

Logan Lerman did a great job playing Percy Jackson but according to the book, he was supposed to be 12 years old.. not 19 Laughing
renzeincastro
renzeincastro
Camp Director
Camp Director

http://imthemercwithamouth.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by blaqstyleZ Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Ailleen wrote:I had to repeat watching the movie to check the difference and then I noticed it wasn't as funny as the book. Don't get me wrong but Logan Lerman was right for the role he looked awesome

the main plot about Kronos was basically erased so thatwas seriously sad. :[
i loved the movie and all, Dadario was seriously pretty although Annabeth was supposed to be blonde, and Logan Lerman really looks WAY GOOD, but they weren't 12, and a lot of things were changed...

I like the movie, but I love the book. x]

PS: Logan Lerman still looks good and has awesome eyes (Dadario has awesome eyes, too. :3)
blaqstyleZ
blaqstyleZ
Cabin Counselor
Cabin Counselor

Location : on the hanging bed in Cabin One; watching the mosaic clouds float by

http://risingbeats.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ailleen Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:28 pm

Zabelle wrote:

the main plot about Kronos was basically erased so thatwas seriously sad. :[
i loved the movie and all, Dadario was seriously pretty although Annabeth was supposed to be blonde, and Logan Lerman really looks WAY GOOD, but they weren't 12, and a lot of things were changed...

I like the movie, but I love the book. x]

PS: Logan Lerman still looks good and has awesome eyes (Dadario has awesome eyes, too. :3)

Repeating about Logan Lerman having good looks...... anyway so Percy wont be 16 like in the book so they will change the prophesy right?
Ailleen
Ailleen
Cabin Counselor
Cabin Counselor

Back to top Go down

Post by doc_ardyey Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:53 am

problem with movie adaptation is they have to tinker a little bit (or too much) to suit the taget audience... I did miss Clarice though...

I really don't know how the scriptwriter can tie the knot between Lightning Thief and Sea of Monsters given the fact that majority of the plot has been erroneously removed.

All in all not really satisfied as I am such a bookish guy, also as I have read the series prior to watching the movie, it is much to a disappointment.

doc_ardyey
Cabin Counselor
Cabin Counselor

Back to top Go down

Post by demiphy Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:41 pm

JUST A REMINDER: You will find this reminder in very possible thread accessible to all demigods. We created threads for each specific topic. Therefore, it is only rightful that ONLY RELEVANT POSTS AND COMMENTS should be posted in each specific thread. Starting from this day, all irrelevant and unnecessary posts will be deleted to keep every thread clean. Be mindful of your posts. You don't want to mess up this thread, do you?

flower
demiphy
demiphy
Cabin Counselor
Cabin Counselor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ailleen Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:56 pm

doc_ardyey wrote:problem with movie adaptation is they have to tinker a little bit (or too much) to suit the taget audience... I did miss Clarice though...

I really don't know how the scriptwriter can tie the knot between Lightning Thief and Sea of Monsters given the fact that majority of the plot has been erroneously removed.

All in all not really satisfied as I am such a bookish guy, also as I have read the series prior to watching the movie, it is much to a disappointment.

I think they will make it look like as if they were their before maybe something like this

while Percy is narrating Clarice will show up and some of his thoughts will come up about how Clarice is such a bully.... or maybe they'll just make Clarice appear bullying someone... then Percy (Logan Lerman) will stop the fight
Ailleen
Ailleen
Cabin Counselor
Cabin Counselor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiyori Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:02 pm

The casts they hired was perfect, "especially Logan Lerman" quote from a friend.
It just sucks that they changed everything
1. Percy's pen- isn't his pen suppose to look like some HBW pen or some old scratched up pen?
2. The Hydra- the Hydra was one of my favorites in the Sea of Monsters. They changed it =_=
Hiyori
Hiyori

Back to top Go down

Post by Ailleen Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:37 pm

Hiyori wrote:The casts they hired was perfect, "especially Logan Lerman" quote from a friend.
It just sucks that they changed everything
1. Percy's pen- isn't his pen suppose to look like some HBW pen or some old scratched up pen?
2. The Hydra- the Hydra was one of my favorites in the Sea of Monsters. They changed it =_=

IKR?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH HOLYWOOD?!
Ailleen
Ailleen
Cabin Counselor
Cabin Counselor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down